Thursday, October 14, 2010

Cultural bonus thing

So Brown offers a "cultural bonus" of £150 if you're studying in the UK for a year. It can used for pretty much almost anything except paying your college bills, which is pretty awesome. I can use the cultural bonus to buy a railcard, which can shave off a third of any rail ticket price (the bonus will also reimburse the costs of rail tickets). I can pay membership fees for university societies. I can also be reimbursed for the costs of staying in student hostels, buying museum tickets, concert tickets, eating haggis, etc.

Unfortunately, two things are conspiring against my lusty travels around the UK right now: the dismal autumn/winter weather, and being loaded with schoolwork. I'm pretty sure most of my escapades will occur during the obscenely long Easter break we have (it's 5 weeks long).

On another note: I will put up a photo of my bike as soon as the sun returns to England. It's been avoiding us the entire week.

2 comments: